Carers can access practical support through their local carer centre, carer support groups and through their local authority Health and Social Care service.
This section includes information on:
- Requesting a carers’ assessment
- Finding out about your rights as a carer
- Accessing equipment and adaptations for the home
- What happens when the person you care for comes home from hospital
- Getting help with tasks around the home
- Planning for the person you care for to go into long term care
- Ways to take a break from caring
As well as practical support and information, many carers also benefit from emotional support and meeting other carers to share their experiences with others who understand what it is like to be a carer.
- Practical support for carers factsheet (Edinburgh) (PDF)
- Practical support for carers factsheet (Midlothian) (PDF)