The Office of Public Guardian is closed during the COVID-19 pandemic, they are only dealing with critical PoA applications such as cases where there is a terminal illness, in these rare cases OPG have requested that this is emailed.
As a result VOCAL has temporarily suspended new PoA appointments, we are offering remote support in submitting critical PoA applications and will contact carers with regular PoA requests once the situation changes
Carers have so many things to think about – why not book an appointment at one of our surgeries and let an advisor help you.
VOCAL runs free monthly surgeries for carers to discuss issues including:
- Welfare rights– check your entitlements and get support making claims for benefits
- Power of Attorney – support to create and register Power of Attorney (see COVID-19 note above)
- Long Term Care – look at financial options when considering long term care
- Legal issues – wills, trusts and guardianship
- Carer health checks – free health assessments and advice