VOCAL’s carer information packs aim to provide an overview of the support and services available for carers in Edinburgh and Midlothian.
Each factsheets falls into one of four themed or specialist areas:
- Support and information for carers – accessing short breaks, carers’ assessments, direct payments for carers, emergencies and emotional support.
- Services for person you support – health and social care assessments, care at home, services and support, equipment and alarms, who’s who in health and social care.
- Money and Transport – welfare rights, disability benefits, council tax discounts, travel concessions, funding sources, hospital parking and mobility cars.
- Legal matters – Power of attorney, guardianship, mental health, legislation, wills and trusts and your rights as a carer.
- Specialist topics – Parent carers (children and families), worried about someone’s addiction, carers in employment and thinking about long term care.