We are delighted to launch our Midlothian winter programme for 2023/24! VOCAL is offering a range of free activities and events for carers over the festive period and into the New Year.
We have a limited number of tickets available for the following events:
- Buckingham Palace: Historic Home and Royal Office on Wednesday 6 December at 11am (online).
- Sustainable crafts at the Botanics on Wednesday 6 December at 1.30pm.
- Santa’s Bus Tour with Lothian Buses on Friday 8 December at 5pm.
- Magic and Mystery light show at Edinburgh Castle on Saturday 16 December at 5pm.
- Guided tour of Modern Art Gallery One on Tuesday 19 December at 10 am.
- Cinderella The Pantomime on Thursday 21 December at 7pm and Friday 29 December at 11am.
- Eat out to chill out voucher.
- Odeon cinema voucher.
- High tea at Craigie Hotel voucher.
- High tea at Dobbies voucher.
- Fun fair tokens for Edinburgh Christmas Market.
Our Winter Programme includes free events, activities and vouchers for carers. To ensure as many carers as possible are able to benefit, we are asking carers to only apply for tickets for one event.
You can book the above events on our Wee Breaks Website.
We also have some free training sessions, courses and activities during the festive period and into the New Year:
- Carer morning cuppa (Wed 6 Dec and Wed 10 Jan, 10am – 12pm)
- Carers relaxation sessions (Wed 13 Dec and Wed 10 Jan, 7.30pm – 8.30pm)
- Christmas craft group (Wed 13 Dec, 10.30am – 12.30pm)
- Craft group (Wed 24 Jan, 10am – 12pm)
- Working carers session (Tue 30 Jan, 7pm – 8pm)
We also have some drop-in sessions taking place:
- Carer cuppa (Wed 27 Dec, 1.30pm – 3pm and Thu 28 Dec, 10.30am – 12pm)
- SMART Family and Friends meeting (Wed 27 Dec, 2pm – 4pm) (at Edinburgh Carers’ Hub)
- Online quiz (Thu 28 Dec, 2pm – 3.30pm)
To book any of the above events, please visit our Carer Training website.
You can view our full winter programme for 2023/2024, to find out about everything we have on offer for carers over the next two months for carers!