Carers Week is taking place from 7-13 June and this year’s theme is ‘Make Caring Visible and Valued’.
Carers Week is a UK-wide annual campaign which aims to:
• Work collaboratively with partners to raise awareness of caring
• Highlight the challenges unpaid carers face
• Recognise the contribution carers make
Help us make caring visible and valued
VOCAL is offering our partners the opportunity to engage with a whole host of planned activities. We need your help to make caring visible and valued across you workplace, organisation, community and/or networks. Here are five ways you can support carers this Carers Week:
1) Download our toolkit (below) for easy links, resources and information to share with your networks
2) Promote our programme of free events and activities for carers in Edinburgh and Midlothian including days out, online meet-ups and learning opportunities
3) Join our employers’ event to find out more about making carers visible and valued in your workplace
4) Use #CarersWeek to connect with others and download the image below to show your support.
Follow us on social media to stay up-to-date, and to let us know what you’re up to during Carers Week!