We are delighted to launch our Edinburgh winter programme for 2023/24! VOCAL is offering a range of free activities and events for carers over the festive period and into the New Year.
We have a limited number of tickets available for the following events:
- The Pantomime Adventures of Peter Pan on Friday 1 December at 7pm.
- Buckingham Palace: Historic Home and Royal Office on Wednesday 6 December at 11am (online).
- Sustainable crafts at the Botanics on Wednesday 6 December at 1.30pm.
- Magic and Mystery light show at Edinburgh Castle on Saturday 16 December at 5pm.
- Guided tour of Modern Art Gallery One on Tuesday 19 December at 10 am.
- £50 Mimi’s Bakehouse voucher.
- £50 Odeon cinema voucher.
- Fun fair and big wheel tokens for Edinburgh Christmas Market.
Our Winter Programme includes free events, activities and vouchers for carers. To ensure as many carers as possible are able to benefit, we are asking carers to only apply for tickets for one event.
You can book the above events on our Wee Breaks Website.
We also have some free training sessions, courses and activities during the festive period and into the New Year:
- Coping with Christmas – a workshop for carers who support autistic people (Mon 4 Dec, 6pm – 8pm)
- Basic First Aid (Wed 6 Dec, 2pm – 3.30pm)
- Mental Health First Aid (Thu 7 Dec, 1pm – 2.30pm)
- Get active with Edinburgh Leisure: strength and cardio (Wed 13 Dec, 3pm – 4pm)
- Lunchtime wellbeing check-in (Mon 18 Dec, 1pm – 2pm)
- Book club (Tue 23 Jan, 1pm – 2.30pm)
- Managing Loneliness (Wed 24 Jan, 10am – 12pm)
- Walk and talk (Tue 30 Jan, 12pm – 1.30pm)
- Poetry for carers (Wed 31 Jan, 10.30am – 11.45pm)
We also have some drop-in sessions taking place:
- Guided meditation (Wed 27 Dec, 11am-12.30pm)
- Festive crafts (Thu 28 Dec, 10am-1pm)
To book any of the above events, please visit our Carer Training website.
You can view our full winter programme for 2023/2024, to find out about everything we have on offer for carers over the next two months for carers!