|Carers Week is an annual campaign, organised by Carers UK. The theme for Carers Week 2022 is ‘Make Caring Visible, Valued and Supported’ and will take place from 6 – 12 June.|
To celebrate Carers Week we’ve got a fantastic range of events and activities planned for carers in Edinburgh and Midlothian. We also have Wee Breaks and will be sharing other exciting news! Keep an eye on our channels for updates.
Carers Week is a great opportunity to raise awareness of unpaid caring and encourage carers to access support. Carers can even self-refer on our website.
We provide one-to-one support to carers regardless of the age or condition of the person being cared for. We can support any caring situation, in the following ways:
• Carer training – free learning opportunities on health and wellbeing, and condition specific topics
• Peer support – join our peer support groups or one-to-one meetings with a trained peer mentor volunteer who is also a carer
• Information and advice surgeries – led by professionals in specialist areas such as money matters, legal matters, long-term care and accessing breaks
• Wee Breaks – help accessing a short break from your caring role
• Family Support Addictions – specialist support for those affected by someone else’s drug or alcohol use
• Grants and funding to help take away some financial stress
• Relationship counselling
If you think you might be a carer and would like to find out more and self-refer, visit our referrals website.