Carers Week is an annual campaign, organised by Carers UK. The theme for Carers Week 2023 is ‘Recognising and supporting carers in the community’ and will take place from 5 – 11 June.
To celebrate Carers Week we’ve got a fantastic range of events, activities and Wee Breaks available for carers in Midlothian:
- Nature and attraction group: Mon 5 Jun, 11.30am – 1pm | National Mining Museum. Meet with other carers and enjoy a tour of the National Mining Museum and also a cuppa at the café after the tour.
We also have a selection of Wee Breaks available for carers in Midlothian. Check out our programme of events on our website.
Carers Week is a great opportunity to raise awareness of unpaid caring and encourage carers to access support. Carers can even self-refer on our website.
We provide one-to-one support to carers regardless of the age or condition of the person being cared for. We can support any caring situation, in the following ways:
- Carer events, activities, and training – free learning opportunities on health and wellbeing, and condition specific topics
- Peer support – join our peer support groups or private Facebook page for parent carers: Midlothian Parent Carer Peer Support | Facebook
- Information and advice surgeries – led by professionals in specialist areas such as money matters, legal matters, long-term care and accessing breaks
- Wee Breaks – help accessing a short break from your caring role including funding options
If you think you might be a carer and would like to find out more and self-refer, visit our website.