Do some corporate good and support a local charity this February.
VOCAL has been supporting unpaid carers in Edinburgh for over 20 years and our aim is to support more than 10,000 carers by 2021. We provide information, individual and group support, counselling, training, short breaks and social events to enable carers to continue in their caring role whilst maintaining their own physical, mental, social and financial wellbeing.
How can your business support carers?
In April 2018, VOCAL will move our existing carer centre to new premises to increase our capacity for carer support. We are asking local businesses and service providers to work with us to create a new Edinburgh Carers’ Hub that meets the needs of carers in the 21st century.
The new Edinburgh Carers’ Hub is an empty shell and we need to fill it with:
- Furniture – for our carer training, couselling, meeting and office spaces
- Technology – AV equipment and tablet devices for carer training courses
- Fixtures and fittings – we need signage, blinds, kitchen wear, wall coverings, lighting and office plants
- Safety and security – secure entry system, alarms, CCTV, signage and servicing
We also need the following:
- Gardening equipment and furniture – to make our outside space welcoming and relaxing for carers
- Cleaning and recycling – regular cleaning, recycling and sanitary services
- Bike racks – for our outside space, to encourage active travel
- Merchandise – leaflet displays/stands, branded merchandise with our new address and details
- Sponsorship – would your business sponsor our opening event or one of our carer courses?
Get in touch
We’d love to hear how you think you could work with us – whether it be a cash donation, donation in kind or to tender for services. Please get in touch with our VOCAL Partnership Development Officer Francesca Greaves:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel: 0131 622 6666