Planning for the future is particularly important if a member of your family has a disability, physical or mental health problem, addiction or long term condition.
You may want to make provision for them in your will, and they may need support to manage any money that you leave them.
Common questions asked by families:
- How will my son or daughter manage their money when I am no longer around?
- What will happen to my son or daughter’s benefits if they inherit money?
- How can I make sure my son or daughter is not taken advantage of by someone who knows about their inheritance?
- Will the social work department be able to use my son or daughter’s inheritance to pay towards the cost of care?
- What will happen if there are no other family members who can help?
- Will my son or daughter be able to stay in the family home?
Free VOCAL money matters surgeries
Carers have so many things to think about – why not book an appointment at VOCAL’s free Money Matters surgeries and let an advisor help you?
To book an appointment, please get in touch:Contact VOCAL