Carers can use these sessions to access information on welfare rights, how to look after yourself while caring, practical support for the person you care for and ways to take a break from caring. They are open to carers who have already had contact with VOCAL as well as those new to being a carer and who may not know their rights as a carer or the support available to them.
Drop-in session dates & times
The next carer drop-in sessions are:
- Wed 24 Aug 10am-12.30pm at The Haven, 25b Burgess Road, South Queensferry
- Wed 31 Aug 4.30-6pm at the VOCAL Carer Centre, 8-13 Johnston Terrace, Edinburgh
- Thur 29 Sept 10am-1pm at the VOCAL Carer Centre, 8-13 Johnston Terrace, Edinburgh
- Fri 21 Oct 2-4pm at the VOCAL Carer Centre, 8-13 Johnston Terrace, Edinburgh
- Mon 24 Oct 10am-1.30pm at Leith Library, Ferry Road
No need to book, just come along on the day. If you are unable to make it along, you can book an appointment to speak with a carer support worker at other times – just give us a call on 0131 622 6666.