Tired of small talk? Join the conversation!
VOCAL’s ‘Conversation Cafes’ take place weekly at one of four locations in Edinburgh.
So often carers can feel left out of the conversation as their experiences and situation can set them apart from others. VOCAL aims to allow carers to join in and be part of the conversation.
Conversation cafes are open drop-in sessions, bringing together people interested in sharing and discussing thoughts and ideas on a theme over a coffee and in a relaxed, informal space. They are structured to ensure that everyone who wants to gets a chance to share and reflect.
The carer conversation cafes will run weekly at one of the following locations from 10am-12noon:
- 1st Wednesday of the month at Cafe Marlene, 13 Antigua Street, EH1 3NH (Map)
- 2nd Tuesday of the month at Filmhouse Cafe Bar, 88 Lothian Rd EH3 9BZ (Map)
- Last Tuesday of the month at Morrisons Cafe, Gilmerton Road EH17 7JH (Map)
- Last Tuesday of the month at The Little Bakery, 6-7 High Street, South Queensferry EH30 9PP (Map)
Find out more details on dates, times and themes on the Carer Events website.
To find out more please contact our cafe host Wendy:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel: 0131 622 6666